Tuesday 5 March 2013

Copyright Assignment

1) Using creative work responsibility: I think to use someone else's creative work responsibly is to just be smart about it. If its not yours, don't take credit for it. How would you feel if someone took something you created and were very proud of and claimed it as their own? Its just not fair. To use someone's creative work responsibly is to give them the credit they deserve and to ask for permission. When using someone's work you should gather information such as who's work it is. I also think it is responsible to not alter or change the work in any way, I personally think that defeats the purpose of the original creators work. How and where you use it should be checked over by the creator. I think it is common sense to not use work on websites or projects that are inappropriate. I would not appreciate it if my work was used somewhere I did not agree with. Overall, common sense and respect is important. Do not deform the original work and treat it with respect, people put effort and time into their work.

2) How you can manage copyright: I think that if I posted my creations online I would be very protective over them. I would definitely use Copyright. Almost 100% of the time I am very proud and happy with the work I have created and I would be very angry if someone claimed it as their own. I would prefer if someone contacted me and asked me for permission and gave me details of where and when my work will be used. I  personally just want to keep track of who has my work and why they want to use it. On the other hand, some of my work could be used under Fair Use. Depending on what the work is, I would greatly allow it to be used for school purposes. Overall, I do not think that people need to pay me to use my work, but I at least would appreciate some credit for my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment